Manual Espresso machines produce the best coffee according to some connoisseurs and quick brewing times make these machines ideal for producing great coffee in an instant. DeLonghi know the Manual Espresso machine has a place, even in the modern market that’s become littered with capsule and bean-to-cup machines, and have gone out of their way to make the Scultura a superb example.
- The 1.4 litre water tank offers users the chance to brew anything up to 16 cups before filling is required and the tank is removable for easy filling
- Many believe the manual process takes much practice but the Scultura has refined the process for ease. Simply load the ground coffee, lock the arm into place and press a button for fresh coffee – simple
- All the necessary peripherals are included: Espresso arm, a variety of filters and even a coffee scoop with built in tamper to compress the ground beans
- The Scultura can even be used with standard tea bags; effectively replacing the need for a kettle in the kitchen
- A steam arm is fitted for frothing milk and the temperature of both the water dispense and steam can be set at the touch of a button
- The top of the machine acts as a cup warmer to ensure the chosen vessel is at a suitable temperature for optimum coffee dispense
- The Scultura is also compatible with ESE espresso pods which can be purchased separately if the user doesn’t have a bean grinder nor any pre-ground coffee to use
At present, the Scultura is available via Amazon for an amazing £149.99 which is truly staggering for a manual machine of this quality. Its retro design will fit in with any kitchen design and it is compact enough that it won’t dominate a worktop – it isn’t small, per se, but it’s a well designed unit that has maximised the potential of a medium sized machine.
With everything you get for your money; you’ll have to look long and hard to find a better manual machine for this price and the brand name itself. DeLonghi have priced themselves out of the market in years gone by but they have clearly addressed the issue with this mid-priced, exceptional machine.
The sheer number of options with the Scultura make it a great option for any home and any user. As mentioned; DeLonghi may have a toaster and a kettle in the same design but there really is no need for a kettle in the kitchen with the Scultura; it will reach temperature faster than most and it can be used with a plethora of brewing mediums.
The side mounted steam arm also makes for a much easier milk frothing process. You can manoeuvre the jug without coming close to the hot parts of the machine allowing for greater ease of movement and improved safety from burns.
All you really need to know is that the price is right, the Scultura makes exceptional coffee and the whole process is pain free – it couldn’t be easier.