We are big Krups fans and love everything they do for the Nespresso brand. Even without being biased, they have truly outdone themselves with their take on the Pixie capsule machine. Nothing is wasted on this, it’s efficient, compact and produces excellent coffee in an instant.
- 19 bar pump pressure makes for the perfect brew every time. The Pixie comes to temperature incredibly quickly making for a fast, satisfying coffee. One minute, 25 seconds is the average brewing time.
- 1 litre water tank capacity makes for several cups without constant re-filling. The top up process is simple thanks to a removable tank with a secure lid to avoid spillage.
- The Pixie auto shuts down after nine minutes of inactivity, and can be restarted in seconds. This saves a small fortune on electricity if you forget to deactivate it.
- By registering the machine, you can also opt in for a free recycling service provided by Nespresso. They will collect the capsules and re-use them as part of their eco-friendly scheme.
- Two year warranty is included but a replacement service is not, Krups will offer a temporary replacement whilst your machine is serviced
- 16 capsules are included with the machine, this is a variety pack to give you a fair impression of the Nespresso range.
- 96% of buyers surveyed gave the Pixie between four and five stars. If you can’t trust someone who bought the machine then who can you trust!?
- The Krups model also comes with a function that allows the user to preset their chosen dispense strength and volume. This means you can personalise your machine to your preference.
- Removeable side panels allow the user to colour code the machine to their décor. You simply slide the inserts out and exchange them for alternatives (purchased separately).
The Krups name comes with a bigger price tag than the comparative Magimix model but you are getting more machine for your money, despite their similar appearance. The machine alone will set you back around £139.99, however, this is good value for money when you consider the robust design is able to withstand years of heavy usage.
As is common with most capsule coffee machines, there is no milk frothing option with the Pixie. That said, the Nespresso recommended Aeroccino is available from £49.99.
The customer satisfaction on offer with the Krups machine is beyond comparision; no other Nespresso machine comes close to the technology and convenience offered. As capsule machines go, it’s one of the most stylish and ergonomic on the market.
We do like the Pixie as a concept and the Krups model is by far and away the best option for Nespresso coffee. If you’re looking for a reliable, durable machine that will allow you to enjoy a range of capsule coffees, this one is for you.